Summer Program Assistant
Regular hours: Wednesday to Sunday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Start Date: June 2019 (exact date TBD)
End Date: Before September 2, 2019 (exact date TBD)
Location: Union House Arts, 67 Main Street, Port Union, NL
Must be entering or returning to Post-Secondary training within the current year.
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Not be an immediate family member of the employer.
The Summer Program Assistant will work closely with the Union House Arts (UHA) Steering Committee, Executive Coordinator of the Sir William F. Coaker Heritage Foundation, and visiting artists to support exhibitions, workshops, and the artist-in-residence program.
Duties will include:
- Opening and closing the gallery on time
- Greeting visitors
- Attending the gallery space, ensuring artworks are being treated with respect
- Speaking with visitors about exhibitions and programming
- Tracking daily attendance
- Supporting visiting artists with community engaged projects or workshops
- Assisting the UHA Steering Committee with promotion and marketing
- Maintaining cleanliness of lobby and other public areas as required (sweeping, keeping space organized, replenishing exhibition brochures, etc.
- Reporting any incidents or technical issues
- Working at occasional special events: opening receptions, public programs, etc.
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidate has an interest in art, is creative, self-motivated, good at multitasking and works well independently and with a team.
To apply for this position please send your resumé and a brief cover letter introducing yourself to Jane Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reach out if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is pending funding approval